We’ve been working with Bluecoat since 2004, to provide innovative solutions for industries including Retail, Finance & Manufacturing, utilising their Advanced Web & Cloud Security and PacketShaper products. The Blue Coat security platform will protect you from web and network-based threats, empower cloud data protection and offer flexible policy control across enterprise and cloud that includes mobile, social and web networks.
Bluecoat’s Advanced Web Security capabilities offers an on premise appliance called ProxySG and this provides security and control over all web traffic. The feature set is extensive and can include user authentication, web filtering, data loss prevention, encrypted traffic visibility, content caching, stream-splitting and more. The cloud service offers on-demand web security, providing customisable reporting and intelligence that enables customers to improve the effectiveness of web application and operational controls.
Other key features of Advanced Web & Cloud Security:
• Mobile Device Security Service: Offers network-based application controls, real-time threat analytics, encrypted communication and zero-day defences.
• Content Analysis: Delivers protection to detect, analyse and block attacks. When combined with Malware Analysis and ProxySG, Content Analysis can automate advanced threat protection at the gateway.
• Malware Analysis: Adaptive and customisable sandbox solution. Which gives actionable intelligence that combines static, dynamic and reputational analysis techniques to help mitigate against unknown malware and zero-day attacks.
Bluecoat PacketShaper is widely adopted by our clients to prioritise traffic from applications for work processes such as Office 365 and Salesforce and gives low priority to recreational applications such as Twitter and shopping websites. This contains recreational traffic and lowers preventable bandwidth cost rises.
What can PacketShaper do?
• Reserve bandwidth for critical and real-time applications.
• Contain disruptive and recreational traffic while reclaiming bandwidth from non-business usage.
• Support cloud adoption and embrace new trends such as BYOD, video and social media.
• Eliminate unnecessary bandwidth increases and save on operating costs.